Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Garden State

I really love movies. One of the things that I have really gotten out of the habit of since moving back to New England is going to the movies. In North Carolina, I would go multiple times a month. In Massachusetts, I am lucky to go once a month. I chalk up the reason to 4 things:
  1. Much less to do in N.C.
  2. Have not found anyone who enjoys going to the movies as much as I do (there seem to be always someone willing to see whatever in NC).
  3. Movies are freaking expensive around here ($9.25).
  4. Although not a huge factor, have seen a run off crappy movies.
Well, things are looking up. My new co-worker, her roommate, and 2 others from work went and saw Garden State tonight. Fantastic movie. I highly recommend you go see it this weekend. It is written, directed and stars Zach Braff from Scrubs. I am not a huge follower of that show, but what I have seen, I think is funny. It is well written and well acted. I put it in the ranks of Say Anything, and very few movies get compared to that film by me.

So if you can find Garden State in a theatre near you, go check it out. It is very good. You would be hard pressed to find a better film out there right now.

Zach Braff's Garden State Blog

No comments: