Thursday, August 10, 2006

HP 0 - Me 1

On Monday I received a phonecall from a Hewlett Packard Case Manager offering me a fixed or refurbished iPod with a 3 month warranty. He profusely apologized and said that I was victim of the phone operators being unable to offer any kind of solution.

I asked him which letter sparked him receiving my case for reveiw (I sent three; one to the CEO, one to the Board of Directors, and one to the Better Business Bureau.) He said it was the CEOs letter that did the trick, although he was certain the Better Business Bureau letter will also come to their attention.

So my iPod is FedExing its way to HP for fix or (most likely) replacement and I don't have to shell out the 300 bones that I thought I would. If all goes well, my HP ban will be lifted.

It just goes to prove...don't underestimate the power of letter writing.

Ian

No comments: