Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Summer Mourning

The summer is over and I haven't had a chance to mourn it. Busy helping my students put on their Dane Cook concert, Homecoming weekend, and just the general excitement of a new school year.

Excuse the self-indulgence, but I thought a list of what this summer held for me would be appropriate to record:

  • Spending time with my family (especially my sister) at folk festivals (Clearwater and Falcon Ridge). Bands discovered (Eddie from Ohio, Guy Davis, Dar Williams, Sonia, Toshi Reagon, Vance Gilbert, Girlyman)
  • My entry into Blogging
  • Many trips to the beach (but it never seems enough)
  • Movies seen in the theatre (Spiderman 2, Dodgeball, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, The Bourne Supremacy, Garden State) Wow, that is a short list!
  • Books read (Dress Your Family in corduroy and Denim - David Sedaris, Reread 3 Harry Potter books) Again I usually average 8 over the summer, too short a list!
  • Taking my friends new boat out on the CT. river.
  • Camping
  • Trip to Cape Cod to see family that wasn't there.
  • 2 weeks in RI with my parents, being a total sloth.
  • Cancer walk marathon - 2:00 am - 4:00 am shift
All in all a pretty good list, but next year I think I will make a list prior to summer, because in May there was so much I wanted to do, but now I realize that I didn't get it all in.

It was a great summer, but over way too quickly.


No comments: