Monday, September 20, 2004

Yahoo! News - MySpace Basks in R.E.M. 'Sun'

For me there are a few bands that hold revered status in my catalogue. U2 is up there, as well as Peter Gabriel, The Police, Bareneked Ladies. These are the biggies (and I already have a list of new to me bands that will be there soon). However, R.E.M. is the first band I really got into. Do you know what I am talking about? The bands that cause an obsession to have every album. I remember pay days from Baskin Robbins. I would cash that check and buy a missing cd. And then play it, and play it, and play it. I would try to figure out what every little lyric meant.

Well R.E.M. has an album (Around the Sun) being released Oct. 5. Guess what I will be doing that day. I would like to apologize in advance to my co-workers for the cd being on repeat all day.

If you would like to hear their album in advance, check out Myspace.com.

Yahoo! News - MySpace Basks in R.E.M. 'Sun'

No comments: