Saturday, January 08, 2005

The pod people are taking over!

You can put me in the ranks of IPod ownership. I was shown way to much love on my birthday/Christmas and, as a result, I have one of these amazing gadgets. Not since I became a ReplayTV (TiVo, but way more features) owner has a gadget impressed me as much as this gadget has. I have every album I own with me and quickly accessible.

But maybe what I enjoy most out of it is the opportunity to easily discover new artists. There are many sites (of which I will highlight as I discover the gems) that have sample mp3 files of bands that may or may not be that well known. I enjoy being able to listen to a track or two and then digging deeper on Itunes to purchase more tracks.

Today's site of mention is Scenestars. This mp3 blog has multiple contributors and I have found a lot of great music based on their recommendations. Check them out, download a few files (this is, of course available to everyone, not just mp3 player owners!) and I bet you will find a few "new to you" favorites.

No comments: