Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Insomniac Theatre

I have had insomnia for the past few weeks. Actually lets call it insomnia lite. I just either fall asleep on the couch and wake up and can't go to sleep for hours (which is strange because I used to fall asleep on the couch, move to bed, and fall right back to sleep), or I just am up to 2:00 without being tired at all. My caffeine intake is lower than it has ever been, so who knows. It feels like restlessness, maybe even anxiety, but it is making for very challenging work days as I have to fight crankiness.

ANYWAYS, my insomnia lite has allowed me to watch TV I normally don't watch, like the E! True Hollywood story on That 70s Show. First of all, I did like that show in the beginning but it faded at the end. Very funny cast and good writing. However, I have noticed that on THS (which is how it is listed now) that every story has drama and the people dishing it credentials are a little suspect. Basically it was a guy labeled "director" and a woman labeled "film critic" I have no idea how a film critic has insight to the drama behind the scenes on the set of the show. She seemed to know intimate details as if she were there. That made me look a little harder at the director. It didn't say director of That 70s Show. He could of been a director of anything, like home movies. So, while I believe that Topher Grace might not of fit in with the rest of the cast on the show, I have a hard time believing that when he left the show, Ashton Kutcher was in tears, while Grace jumped in his car. The director said this in a snarky way that tells me he is participating in gossip he wasn't there for. I think a professional would have still told the stories but would have toned down the glee.

So as you can see, I really need to kick the insomnia.

No comments: