Monday, April 25, 2005

It's all uphill from here... Part 2

So at 7:15 Greg and I are on the road heading to Leverett, MA. With only one minor misdirection on our way there, we pull into the beautiful sanctuary at 8:08 am. We make our way down to the registration table and proudly announced that we would be walking. The volunteer clearly didn't know that was an option.

"Well the line to register to run is to your right," she said.
"Well the sign in front of you says Walker Registration," I informed her.
"Oh, we haven't had many walkers you could be the first. Let me find someone who knows how to handle walkers." I quickly looked around to determine which circle of hell I was occupying.

Another volunteer approached and explained that all I needed to do was turn in the registration form and donation. Walkers really don't need to register. We did get a nice shirt, though.

It was at this point we realized that Molly and her friend had not shown up yet. Just as I was thinking up a proper retaliation for standing us up, my cell phone rings. They too, had gotten lost and were now back on track.


Now that the whole group had arrived, we made our way to the respective starting lines. I was really excited to be participating in a walk through what really is a beautiful area. That excitement wouldn't last for long...

To be continued...

No comments: