Thursday, June 23, 2005

"Come Hear Uncle John's Band" part 2

The next day, we broke camp and made it to the festival a little past 10:00 am. We got a much better vantage point under the willow and settled in. I was much more committed to the music as I felt I had seen everything the night before.

Most importantly, my parents were really enjoying themselves. They are so committed to doing things as a family that I fear they just go to humor us. I think we pushed the limit at Falcon Ridge last year, with the heat and the huge hill climbing, but Clearwater never went above 80 degrees and it was very relaxed.

A few highlights of the weekend included:
  • Seeing Pete Seeger everywhere. My mom even talked to him. He then sat down on a blanket a few feet away. I got the following pictures:


Pete Seeger
Posted by: nai71.



Pete Seeger
Posted by: nai71.

  • Performances by "Black 47" and "The Bacon Brothers". Here are some "Black 47" pictures. I didn't take any of "The Bacon Brothers"



"Black 47"
Posted by: nai71.


  • The biggest highlight was, of course, "The Indigo Girls". They rocked! They are two of the best musicians out there. The came out on the stage with their two acoustic guitars, but it sounded like they had a full band backing them. We had every intention of leaving a couple of songs early to avoid the inevitable traffic jam, but couldn't pull ourselves away until their last song. If you have a chance to see them live, don't hesitate. There stage presence and energy makes their shows an event to experience. Here are a couple of pictures:







We departed Croton Point park at just a little past 8:00 on Sunday night. Thankfully the Falcon Ridge lineup looks to be much more well rounded. I can't wait for that one!

For the rest of the pictures from the weekend, go here.

Ian

No comments: