Monday, June 13, 2005

Tea for Two

I have always been very interested in the British culture. I have no interest in the royals or any of that, but since visiting Great Britain in 1992, I have an affinity for the culture, and consider myself pretty knowledgeable about their way of life. However, I was recently visiting author Neil Gaiman's site and he mentioned that, as an Englishman living in the US, the one thing he will never get used to what we pass off as tea. You can find his original complaint here.

Apparently adding a bag of tea to hot water isn't the proper way to make tea. After posting the above, he received a lot of questions as to the proper brewing of tea. He researched it and posted the proper way to make tea. Ever since reading the post and studying the references, I am determined to make tea the "proper way". I now need to find an acceptable tea pot and some Indian Ceylon tea leaves. And, while I am out shopping, perhaps picking up a life would be a good idea.

No comments: